How to pack an order?
Why is the packaging of your items essential?
Successful packaging ensures that your item is well protected, your customers are satisfied and your sales increase. If you pay particular attention to it following Jumia packaging rules, your customers will trust you even more and will purchase from your shop more often.
The steps to pack your items.
- First, use an appropriate Jumia stamped packaging and place the printed invoice inside the package with the item(s).
- Then, staple the delivery note on the outside of the package. The barcode on the delivery note must be scannable and the ink must be neither too thin nor too thick.
- Finally, for large items already packed: use a plastic pouch and tape it to the package and insert the invoice + delivery note into the pocket.
Main packaging guidelines.
Order your packaging online.
When ordering packing materials please make sure you take into account the following instructions:
- To avoid wasting packing materials make sure you only order the amount you expect to use during one month maximum. To calculate the amount needed, use the average number of orders you get per day and multiply it by the number of days you want to purchase packing materials for (example: average daily orders (5) x number of days (15) = 75 packing materials)
- When dropping orders at the hub always bring them with open bags to ease the QC process and try to bring some extra packing materials just in case.
- Make sure you always order and use the suitable size and type of packing materials for your products to avoid waste.
Below are the different steps to order packing materials:
A/ Create a customer account on Jumia website, using your registered seller center email address.