New Self Drop-Off Process
We are are constantly working to improve your Self Drop Off experience.
Please note from Monday 30th January 2023 onwards, your eligibility to Self Drop Off (SDO) will be reviewed on a weekly basis instead of monthly, which means improving vendors won’t have to wait anymore until the next month to be eligible.
This is meant to ensure our customers receive correct and quality items which will help:
- To better our customer experience
- Lower the number of returns which will help improve our vendor experience
- The drop- off experience will be easy and faster!
In order to know if you are eligible to SDO for the week, simply look on Monday at your Quality Return Rate as displayed on the homepage of your Seller Center account (see example below): if it is higher or equal to 1% you will not be able to use SDO for the week and all the packages you will drop will be checked by our staff at the hub.
Going forward, to ensure you are not inconvenienced at the hub in case you are not on SDO, please follow the below steps:
- Set all pending orders to Ready to Ship in any of your preferred drop-hub.
- Come with your packages pre-packed but not sealed (in case the product inside needs to be checked by our staff)
- Ensure your shipping label is already printed out.
- Go to the Self Drop Off booth and ship your items after sealing the packages if you are eligible, then place them in the basket next to the booth.
Jumia support personnel will be available at all the self-drop-off booths to provide assistance where needed. Please note, this is an optional service, which means you can still ship packages with a drop-off agent. This is to reward vendors who consistently ship high-quality products and ensure an ever-improving vendor experience.