The return process is a pillar of both Vendor and Customer Experiences. Therefore, it is essential for you vendors to know what is at stake and how you can develop your brand reputation in the eyes of the customers.
In the meantime, Jumia also wants to ensure that your rights are guaranteed in the different return processes.
- What are the different types of return?
The return process varies in function of the return reason:
A. The customer didn’t receive the item because he rejected it at the delivery or because the delivery failed.
B. The customer accepted the item at the delivery but then decided to return it for those reasons:
- Customer changed his/her mind
- The item is wrong/defected/used/refurbished/counterfeit
To protect its vendors, Jumia blacklists all customer having placed more than 5 shipped orders with a success delivery rate inferior than 50%: these customers are banned from Jumia and thus can not buy items anymore.
3.How do I get paid for items breaching the 21 day vendor commitment?
A. Seller support contacts you within a week past the 21st day to request an invoice. Send this invoice to the email address that contacts you.
B. Invoice should have:
C. Payment will be made within 4 to 7 business days after we receive your invoice.
NOTE: You will not be refunded if there is no invoice submitted within 14 days after notification.
4. Return conditions for the customers
You can initiate a return up to 7 days after delivery if:
- Free return within 15 days for Jumia Mall items and 7 days for other eligible items.
- You receive a wrong, damaged, defective or counterfeit item
- You change your mind, with the exception of underwear, adult toys, perfumes, cosmetics, hair extensions and jewelry. (these are the category of items buyers can’t return)
When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging. If you have created a password on the device you wish to return, please ensure it is removed, otherwise, your return will be invalid.
Example: For mobiles, the item must be sealed in its original condition so you can sell it once again to a new customer, if the item was returned unsealed then JUMIA will not accept the item and return it back to the customer.
5. The new Returns Handover Process
Receive all records of returned items through the new Returns Handover Process.